- This event has passed.
Oregon Farm to School Showcase
March 16, 2019
Registration is now open for the Oregon Farm to School Showcase at the Oregon School Nutrition Association Food and Equipment Show on Saturday, March 16th at the Salem Convention Center. This annual event draws 400 school food and nutrition service buyers and culinary staff from all over Oregon. The Oregon Farm to School Showcase highlights companies who have Oregon grown, harvested, caught or processed products that qualify for the Oregon Farm to School Procurement Grant.
Does my business qualify for the showcase?
- Ready for School Food Service
- To exhibit in the showcase you must have the capacity to serve school food service. You should offer products, pack sizes, distribution and competitive pricing for food service.
- Oregon Products
- You must highlight Oregon produced or processed products the day of the showcase. You may include sales sheets for products made or processed out of state, but booth samples must be Oregon produced and processed products.*
- Meet Nutrition Standards for Schools
- Schools are more confident when its clear how products credit towards the school meal program. You are encouraged to provide product formulation statements for Oregon product.*
Showcase vendors will have the option to share a booth. Also, scholarships are available to offset exhibitor fees for this show. Vendors set up Saturday morning between 7:00am and 9:00am. The buyer only hour begins at 10:15am and the food show opens to all attendees from 11:45am to 2:00pm.
For more information and to complete registration materials please visit the Oregon School Nutrition Association and download the registration packet found at the bottom of the page.
For more information please contact Amy Gilroy, Farm to School Manager, at the Oregon Department of Agriculture at [email protected] or 503-872-6620.
*If you need assistance determining whether your product qualifies for the showcase and help with product formulation statements please contact Amy Gilroy, Farm to School Manager, at the Oregon Department of Agriculture: [email protected] or 503-872-6620.