Over $300 million has been invested in Oregon already, and investor and developer interest continues to accelerate. As the benefits of Opportunity Zone investing become clearer, transformative investments are coming to Oregon’s under-invested communities. Full event rooms in Portland, Bend and Canby have recently demonstrated that the investment action has moved to the Opportunity Zones. Will you be in this action?
As a participant in this conference, you will go away with an understanding of
- How the latest guidance from Treasury (expected in the first half of April) opens OZ investing for businesses as well as real estate
- How you can defer or even eliminate capital gains taxes by investing your profits in opportunity zones.
- What comprises an opportunity zone and why every astute investor with capital gains should be aware of it and considering it.
- Why the first announced investments in Oregon have been in so much demand by investors.
- How you can invest in emerging businesses or real estate opportunities through an opportunity zone investment.
- How your opportunity zone investments can transform communities.
Confirmed speakers are (subject to change and expansion)
- Scott Gillis, Oregon Community Capital Inc
- Stephen Brooks, esq., – statewide investment and collaboration
- Coni Rathbone, DunnCarney LLP
- Brad Ketch, Community Development Corporation of Oregon
- Jonathan McGuire, Aldridge Advisors
Seminar fee of $79 includes:
- all sessions
- Small plates from the Sunrise Center Kitchen
- Printed/electronic conference materials, and a
- directory listing (optional) in conference follow-up materials
Sponsorship opportunities are available
7:30 Doors Open
8:00 – 8:30 Registration and full buffet breakfast
9:00 – 10:45 Topics: OZ 101; the view from Salem; Developer roundtable; Question & Response
10:45 – 11:05 Networking break
11:00 – 1:00pm Topics: Accouting and legal issues, Fund roundtable; Question & Response
Register today at
Questions? Call Derek Harvey (503) 847-9163 x704