- This event has passed.
Find Your Next Funded Tech Startup (Bend)
March 12, 2020 @ 4:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Come find your next funded tech startup!
Oregon’s research universities receive over $1 BILLION of research and development dollars EACH YEAR. And Oregon is home to one of the most innovative cities in America with the highest amount of PhDs per capita – Corvallis. Combined, this is a recipe for curating innovative, commercial technologies. But researchers and business development folks need a way to meet for these innovations to really get traction it deserves in the commercial market.
At Find Your Next Funded Tech Startup in Bend on March 12, you will:
- Get introduced to innovative technology commercialization opportunities and researcher teams out of Oregon State University (OSU) that are aching to be joined by forward-thinking C-suite talent. Tech opportunities include biotech, agtech, materials, UAVs, and more.
- Capture a glimpse into the stories of a few of Bend’s own technology entrepreneurs and find out how their companies are growing.
- Hear stories and meet the members of successful funded teams consisting of marketable technology, OSU researchers, and experienced business professionals.
- Learn about specific federal and state resources, including funding for building capacity and sources for development capital to bring these technologies to market.
- Enjoy appetizers and drinks as you explore the opportunities with entrepreneurs, researchers, innovation ecosystem leaders, and C-suite professionals!
We will be joined by a power set of panelists:
- Rita Hansen, OnBoard Dynamics | Mobile, affordable natural gas compression systems for fleets
- Adam Carrol, Amplion | Biomedical intelligence platform that leverages machine learning
- Carly Kiselycznyk, Brainchild | A smart pacifier that can help detect hearing loss in infants
- Amanda Krantz, BendTech | Coworking for freelancers, remote workers, and tech entrepreneurs + other funding resources
- Leon Wolf, VertueLab | Cleantech startup support, funding, and assistance to win non-dilutive SBIR/STTR federal grants
- Katie Pettinger, Gadusol Laboratories + OSU Advantage Accelerator | Producing the natural, safe, and effective sunscreen compound gadusol using synthetic biology
- Karl Mundoff, OSU Advantage Accelerator | Executive Director for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Oregon State University
Some of the featured OSU Technology Partnership opportunities you will learn more about:
- Rogue Approach , Chris Hagen, Ph.D., OSU Cascades // Tyler Hudson, M.S. | Specializing in small (1-3 kW), hybrid electric powertrains for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. The powertrain is well-suited for VTOL platforms in the 55lb class (Group 2), is designed to be plug-and-play, and to increase flight times by up to 2 hours.
- NexTC, Cory Perkins, Ph.D. // Jenn Amador, Ph.D | nexTC provides high-performance, low-cost insulator and conductive oxide coatings to manufacturers in energy conversion, energy efficiency, and electronics markets. The coatings allow customers to dramatically reduce manufacturing costs, grow markets, and introduce new products.
- The Blueberry Tree Company, Wei Yang, Ph.D. // Sarah Doane | The Blueberry Tree company is creating a new blueberry tree plant that grows in a variety of soil conditions, need less water compared to bushes, and can help growers eliminate blueberry waste when it comes time to harvest berries.
- Spine by Design, Morgan Giers, Ph.D. // Charla Triplett, M.S. | Spine by Design is developing a predictive analytical tool to help determine which back surgery patients are more likely to need repeat surgery.
- OSU Cascades, Dr. Bahman Abbasi | Multi-million dollar DOE grants to siphon gray water from the residue of fracking and how to create a solar-powered way to turn seawater into drinking water.
- … Check back for more!
2:00 | Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Funding Office Hours
4:00 | Networking and Food and Beverages
5:00 | Main Event
- 5:00 Partnership & Funding Success Stories : Onboard Dynamics, Gadusol Laboratories, Brainchild, and Amplion
- 5:35 Leveraging Federal & State Funding to Grow
- 5:45 Oregon State University Technology Pitches
6:30 | Networking, Appetizers, and Drinks
7:30 | Wrap-up
$10 Pre-Registration, $15 the day of the event.
If you have questions about the event or need special accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org