- This event has passed.
Oregon Bio 2019: Innovating and Scaling our Region’s Growth
October 29, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Registration Information – purchase tickets at the bottom of the page
Regular (September 30 – October 24)
$120 Members/Students; $150 Non-Members
At-Door (October 29)
$150 Members/Students; $180 Non-Members
8 – 9 a.m., Registration, Networking and Workforce engagement station interaction
9 – 11:50 a.m., Welcome, Panel Discussion and Company Pitch Showcase
- Welcome: “Growing” Economic Indicators with Liisa Bozinovic
- From Innovation through Scaling: A Regional Life Science Company’s Story with Dan Snyder, M.B.A. and TBA special guest speakers
- Company Pitch Fest Emcee: Heather Ellis; Judges: Mark Bruns, Ph.D., Marshall Crew, Ph.D., Jim Huston, M.B.A., and Doug Kawahara, Ph.D., M.B.A.
11:50 a.m. – 1:15 p.m., Lunch with Meetup discussion tables
1:15 – 2:35 p.m., Company Pitch Showcase II
2:50 – 4:30 p.m., Panel Discussion and Research Fast Pitch
- Industry Intersections with Research with Jeff King, Ph.D., Robert Guldberg Ph.D., Amber Broadbent, Ph.D. and Eneida Nemecek, M.D., M.S., M.B.A.
- Research Fast Pitch Emcee: Jackie Wirz, Ph.D.; Judges: John Baumann, Jim Deane, Ph.D., M.B.A., Linda Hansen, Ph.D., and Andrew Watson, Ph.D.
4:30 p.m., Awards Ceremony and Cocktail Networking Begin
Partnership Development Opportunities
Workforce Engagement Stations – Oregon and Washington academic institutions are graduating (and our region is developing) top notch talent! These stations will provide networking time and ample opportunity to engage with our region’s academic institutions and other workforce development professionals. We invite workforce development professionals to discuss current and potential partnerships for the cultivation of internships, company tours, industry advisory boards, job shadow programs, on-campus speaking opportunities, campus-based career fairs and more. Whether you are interested in understanding where the talent is, looking for talent, or just interested in giving back, be sure to engage in this discussion. If you are with an academic institution or workforce development organization, there are limited spots remaining to host a station. Contact Julie Black for details: Julie@oregonbio.org.
Luncheon Meetup Tables – Lunchtime will provide a unique opportunity to engage with subject matter experts and like-minded individuals on a variety of topics and/or use the opportunity to gather and network with a diverse group of life science professionals from specific regions within the Oregon and SW Washington. The planning committee is hard at work narrowing down all of the exciting possibilities. Those under consideration are noted below. Stay tuned for more details as the conference draws closer or email us if you are particularly passionate about one of the following:
- Meet the influencers
- Fostering diversity and inclusion among your team
- Quality and regulatory for R&D and startups
- Data integrity
- For startups: How to build and educate your workforce on a limited budget
- Leadership: The Emotional Quotient for Scientists and Engineers
- Scientist to CEO: How to move from lab to leadership
- Following your PhD: Careers outside research or academia
- The case for building a robust network
- Investor round-table
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Separate Regional Meetups: Southern Oregon, Willamette Valley, Central Oregon, SW Washington
Would you like to meet with a targeted audience for topical discussion? Here’s your chance to sponsor ($500) a luncheon table at our Oregon Bio 2019 conference. Choose one of our suggested topics (limited opportunity to propose your own) and Michaele (Michaele@oregonbio.org).
The Company Pitch Fest highlights our state’s best entrepreneurs and start-up companies. Each entrepreneur selected to participate will give a 10-minute pitch to the audience with 5 minutes Q&A. Judges will award $5000.00 and an Oregon Bio Silver Membership, along with 16 hours of BioPro class time, 1 free admission to an upcoming Oregon Bio event and legal/IP counsel.
The Research Fast Pitch is a showcase designed for basic and applied student and early career researchers to share their work in a unique format—with precisely timed, three minute, automatically advancing, six-slide presentations. Judges will award $1000.00 along with 16 hours of BioPro class time, 1 free admission to an upcoming Oregon Bio event and legal/IP counsel.
The Fine Print
Online registration ends October 24. Please check the website prior to the event to see if tickets are available at the door. Students must show Student ID at the door. Hotels are available near to the World Trade Center Two, Portland.