- This event has passed.
How Early Stage Startup Funding Works
September 10, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
What type of funding instrument will you use for your next funding round?
- A convertible note?
- The original SAFE (Simple Agreement For Equity) or the 2018 version (which is very different) ?
- Or an equity round based on standardized terms such as the Series Seed?
There are many things to understand and many trade-offs to consider in selecting your approach to funding. In this series of online programs we’ll describe each of these funding approaches, explain the key terms, and help you be prepared to make an informed decision about which fund-raising approach is a fit for your company.
How these Programs Work:
We’ll publish, one at a time, a detailed video explaining each funding approach. You’ll probably have questions! So shortly after posting each video, we’ll answer your questions in a live-stream video session. The presenters will be Steve Morris of OTBC providing an entrepreneur perspective, and Ernie Bootsma, with Ater Wynne, providing the legal perspective. The dates for the three noon to 1pm live streams are:
- July 9, noon-1pm: How Convertible Notes Work
- Aug. 6, noon-1pm: How the SAFE (Simple Agreement For Equity) works (versions 1 and 2)
- Sep. 10, noon-1pm: How the Series Seed (equity investment) Works
These events are FREE but you must register to receive the link to the videos and the online session! Register early so you can review the video before each online session!
Theses sessions are brought to you by: